Friday, January 07, 2022

Thursday

Suzanne and I took off for WinCo at 8:30 and got back about 10:00. I was glad to be able to buy some bulkier or heavier things, such as t. paper (I'm being coy) and Drano, and so on, without having to take the bus with my cart.  When we got home, Suzanne gave me half of the red cabbage she had bought, as she didn't think she would eat it all. 

I also bought dry red beans and chicken broth and when I got  home, put them in the slow cooker, along with seasonings and turkey bacon. I always read at meals and finished the last Kellerman book at lunch. I packed it up, along with two others, put it in my cart, and walked to the Little Lending Library in the park. It was a lovely day--in the middle and upper sixties, with plenty of that glorious California sunshine. 

The literary pickings were  disappointing, though. I got a so-so paperback and two "The Week" magazines, for some strange reasons. I almost never so much as open the T.O.P.S. mag, "Time," which Suzanne keeps giving me, or "West World." But--hoo-boy, I started the Epstein saga and that should be a lulu. 

From there, I took the bus to to Target at the mall, where I bought some underwear and five pounds of apples. Read an email from Mike while I was traveling concerning the presents for Vivian that came late to Ellen's--I'll send it today. As for El, I called her when I knew school was over and was relieved to hear she was feeling better. 

I didn't mention much about this before and I don't want to elaborate, but I'm not going to Singapore for Viv's graduation. It's not a problem and nobody's mad at anybody, but there could be all kinds of complications and we decided against it. Possibly, I'll be going another time, but we'll consider that later.

This is from David Swanson, of World Without War, with whom I've been a Facebook friend for several years. I signed it today:


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...