Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Lazy Me And The Lazy Dog

I wasn't exactly lazy, but dragging in the morning, considering how poorly I slept. I signed the new lease (electronically), which took a good half-hour, as it's a densely printed sixty-four pages long. (Did I read it all? Ha.) Every page has at least one "initial" (you just agreed to click there) and many required a signature (electronic, also). Anyway, I printed out the first 18 pages, which were most pertinent to me. 

I had perked up a bit by the time Julie picked me up at noon. I brought her two lemons from Ellen's tree--I have about ten in the freezer--but asked her to please let me know if she really wanted them. She was appreciative, but said she just never used lemons and I took them back. I find that refreshing; people sometimes give me things I really don't want, but I don't want to hurt their feelings by refusing, then I have to deal with the stuff.

We got to Whole Foods in twenty minutes, saw Greg, picked up the Lutein for my eyes, then went to The Lazy Dog for lunch. We sat out on the patio, as it was a lovely 73-degree day. We both had hamburgers (as I never buy red meat and eat it at home, I enjoy it once in a while when I'm out). I insisted on treating Julie, as she's been so good taking me here and there. 

We then went to the H & M shop to browse. Julie bought a jacket and I bought an adorable dinosaur sweat shirt for grandson K. (Not sure if I'll save it for his birthday in June  or maybe make it a Valentine Day gift.) Got home about 3:30 and could hardly keep my eyes open. Took a nap and slept only an hour  but felt much better. Julie had asked if I wanted to go to the farmers market again tomorrow again and yes, I do. I need some things in Wal-Mart, too, so she'll take me there after.  

I knew I had to get some exercise in, otherwise I might have the same sleep problem, so I took a brisk walk around the complex. Ran into David W. and we stood and talked for almost an hour. Naturally, he had binoculars around his neck, as he's an ornithologist for either the county or the state. He just got back from Georgia, where he owns two houses and divides his time between here and there. We discussed the recent rent raises--his was considerably higher than mine, as he's been here a shorter time and if that makes sense, I wish somebody would explain it to me. 

Slept well and got up at 5:30, so I hope I'm back in the groove.  


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...