Monday, January 24, 2022

Sunday

I still get glum on Sundays, although my wakefulness wasn't too bad. I woke up about 2:00 am, but after a time, was able to go back to sleep until 5:30. The crossword? I got all but two, so okay.  Later, I was more buoyant because I had company: Nat, Johnny, Ella, Patsy, and The Pretenders, all carrying me to back to the sweet bye and bye. (But I'm not quite ready for Johnny Ray.)

Took off for The Market about ten. Happy day, they had the rice cakes I like, after having been out of them for months and I bought four packs. Walked there and bused back. 

After lunch, inexplicably, I lay down and took a three-hour nap. I think it wasn't so much I was tired as  emotionally down. I then went out and walked the circumference of the complex. I think that's a mile in total and the walk made me feel somewhat better. When Ellen called after dinner, my mood lifted more. We had a good, chatty talk about nothing in particular, and as always, it helped. Still, I'm glad Sunday is over.  

2 comments:

Pat said...

Rosemary,
Weekends are a bit of a 'downer' for me as well. Nothing exciting happens..so I usually wash the sheets and boring things like that. Patsy Cline is one of my favs too. I love 'Crazy'. Jessica Lange played her in 'Sweet Dreams' and Ed Harris was so sexy when they danced in the parking lot. I read where great liberties were taken in the movie...nothing new about that.

Mimi said...

Your comments are not appearing on my blog, Pat--I'm happy to say. Will email you to that effect, too.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...