Friday, January 21, 2022

Thursday At Olivia's

On a lovely, sunshiny day (70+), I took my little cart and walked to Smart 'n' Final after breakfast. Bought apples, oranges, five pounds of chicken leg quarters (I never buy breast, as I consider dark meat much more flavorful than white), a jar of mayo, broccoli, and a few other items.  (One of these days, I'm going to screw myself up and buy more than I can get in my cart and/or that I can pull.)  Got home fine, though, and was glad to get three miles in.

As soon as I got in, I started food prep: scrubbed and cut the carrots I had bought the other day, added orange slices and cinnamon, and put them in the slow cooker; trimmed the broccoli and prepared the spaghetti squash I had already had. Some of this largess I put in the fridge (had tilapia, carrots, and broccoli for dinner), the rest in the freezer. I like to have a good stock of veggies at hand.   

After lunch, I lay down and dozed for just a short time, then took a shower. Dressed and went, as promised, to meet Olivia at 3:00 at her soon-to-be-vacated apartment. Neighbor Andy (a young guy who's with a computer company and lives upstairs from me) came, too, and I enjoyed talking to him, as ever. 

We three waited and waited and three o'clock came and went. Andy expected a business call at 3:30, so left. Finally, at about 3:20, I offered to go to the office and see what the holdup was. Did so and Aiden, the assistant, said the inspection was supposed to be at 3:30, not 3:00. Anyway, Javier and Jose came over to inspect the most pristine living space I've ever seen and didn't find anything amiss. Olivia had to take her elderly brother to the hospital, so after many thanks, left the complex for good. However, shortly thereafter, Javier knocked on my door to see if she was there because she was supposed to go to the office to sign papers. Well, she wasn't, so I said they'd just have to call her.  


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...