Sunday, January 16, 2022

Saturday

Jim called about 8:30 and we talked for twenty or so. He sounded a little better than he had, but said he's still depressed about the work situation. We discussed handling a live class of students--I'm always aghast at what he doesn't seem to know. Anyway, I invited him over for lunch today and I assume we'll explore the topic.

I spent most of the morning cleaning out and rearranging the cabinets under my bathroom vanity. It's incredible how much I had, including no fewer than five partly-used shampoo bottles and that doesn't include the two in the shower. Conditioner? Oh, yes, I had four. I couldn't get the top off three of them, but I added to the one I could. Aside from that, I removed a lot of other no longer used stuff, including artificial fingernails, rubbing alcohol (I had three bottles! But why? I don't even remember what I used them for!), unopened bags of cotton balls, six bottles of nail polish, touch-up hair dye, and a lot of other stuff. I threw much of it away, but if it was still good, I took it to the trash/recycle area, as somebody might be able to use it.   

Under a little rain, I went over to Von's for rolls, ham, and Swiss. Also went to the side of the building where I took two flattened boxes: I'll use them for the clothes I'll donate to Goodwill. Later, after the rain has stopped, I again went over to the shopping center, just to get in a walk.

Took a container of my homemade applesauce out of the freezer, and will add that to lunch today. Scrubbed and quartered about half the red potatoes, added oil and fresh dill, and roasted them. I divided the result up and put two portions in the freezer and one in the fridge for dinner.

My nephew, Wes, posted a picture on Facebook of my Aunt Maggie and several people commented on it who remembered her. In my comment, I added a picture of Aunt Maggie's mother, my great-grandmother. Carole W.C. also commented and brought up again the seven-year-old mystery of the disappearing thumb drive. If anyone's interested, the story is on this blog in entries in late October, 2016.

Had a delicious dinner of seared tilapia (which I had marinated in herb and garlic oil), broccoli, and the afore-mentioned roasted red potatoes. So darn good.  

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...