Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Tuesday

Did a color wash in the morning, which included some of my tops; they get wrinkled in the drawer. I called Villa Altamar to find out if visitors are allowed. Yes, if they show proof of a negative COVID test. Well, damn, I didn't get my tests yet. I was then told they would provide one the first time I visit. Asked to speak to Betty. and talk about a downer. She was even more confused than she had been, answering simple questions with totally unrelated responses. I said I'll try to come see her next week, which I will, and she did response appropriately: "Oh, I hope so". We said we love each other, which I do and always will. 

I called Kim, the R.E. agent in Jersey, just to touch base, as my tenants' lease is up in February. Still not sure if I should sell of continue to rent. I'm leaning toward continuing, but will consult my four advisors. 

Walked to UPS near Ralph's, roughly two miles, which I was glad to get in, only to find the notary is sick and was not in. Stopped at three other places, two banks and a credit union, but they service only their own customers.  I was then directed to a place called Live Scan; wandered all over for roughly forty-five minutes before I found it. Yay, their hours are 9:00 to 3:30 and it was only 2:45. But surprise! They had a sign on the door that they closed at 2:30 yesterday. Okay, I'll go back today, but will call first. But no--it finally occurred to me that my own bank, BOA, probably has a notary and would do the deed. By the time I got home, it was too late to make an appointment, but I will today.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like a familiar day i.e. with the sign on the door. Yes, we're open til 3 but not really. Grrrr.

Mimi said...

Yep, and wait until you read about my travail on Wednesday!

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...