Sunday, January 09, 2022

Saturday

Slept well and got up at 6:30. Put in a bleach wash before breakfast and spent some time afterward doing little clean-up chores. Went over to Von's for lettuce and kale. Kale? I hate kale raw, but Julie brought recipes for cooked kale to T.O.P.S. and I decided to try it sautéed. After lunch, that's what I did. 

I had anticipated telling Julie (I'll see her tomorrow) that, gee, the kale was yummy , thanks for the recipe, I'll make it often--NOT! I like to sauté various vegetables and they're usually pretty good. This isn't. It's exactly like eating wet paper--tasteless and with a peculiar and unappealing texture. I won't be getting more anytime soon. 

After that, I really just hung around doing not much except games on the laptop. At one point, I went out, thinking I'd bus somewhere, but it was chilly and windy and I just walked for a bit, then went home.  Sort of, kinda, a little low, but then Ellen called and we had a good talk. That raised my spirits and I then called Jim and invited him to lunch today, which he accepted. He said he's depressed about both his classes being cancelled (low enrollment, which I think is happening everywhere), so I hope this will help. 

Jim and I always discuss what we're reading (I'm deep into the Epstein thing) and incredibly, he's reading a Walter Winchell bio. Of all two people diametrically opposed in background, temperament, profession, and anything else you can name, Jim and Winchell are about the widest apart. However, I'm interested in that era and asked if I could borrow the book when he's finished with it. Jim reads no fiction at all, which doesn't surprise me in the least, considering his--well, background, temperament, profession, and most of all, his persona.  

 

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kale seems to be the in-thing around here. It's served at least once a week and I strongly dislike it. Some ladies say they like it. I'm not sure I believe them.

Rosemary, like Jim I don't read a lot of fiction. Sometimes but not very often.
BTW, I posted a comment yesterday about Joel's photos and the comment didn't go through..

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...