Saturday, January 08, 2022

Fri-day And A Birth-day

Things continue to buzz along. Julie picked me up at 8:30, we got to T.O.P.S., then had to wait about 20 minutes for leader Lennie to get there. Meeting was even more meandering than usual, Sharon holding forth as ever, and the rest of us chiming in. I didn't get breakfast until 10:30, poor little me.

However, I was delighted that on the way home. Julie asked what my plans were for the day and I told her I was going to Whole Foods in Oxnard to get the "eye" vitamins from Greg. She said she wasn't available yesterday, but could I go on Monday, instead, and then maybe, we could lunch at The Lazy Dog. Great idea, so that's what we'll do. 

As for the weight report, I'm puzzled. At home, I weighted 128, which was a three-pound gain over last week. But the T.O.P.S. scale put me at 126.5, only .05 higher than last time, which was two weeks ago. I'm okay with either, actually, as they're still within my comfort zone. 

After breakfast, I cored and quartered four apples, cut up the red cabbage Suzanne had given me and put them in the slow cooker with cinnamon. Then I finally tackled the late-coming gifts for Vivian to send to Singapore. Walked to the P.O. and almost collapsed when I was told the postage. Now, this is a small, lightweight package, maybe 3 by 6 inches and it couldn't weigh more than 7 or 8 ounces. But Mike wanted it Priority Express International, so that's how I sent it. Postage: $68.90. 

After lunch, I walked to Wal-Mart to return the second adapter. Incredibly, although this fit the charger, it actually sapped out the charge! Seriously, when I plugged it, it was at 41 percent; when I check in a half hour, it was at 40. The same thing happened when I tried it in another room. Okay, I've learned my lesson: I ordered the Apple adapter from Amazon.

So I got in about four miles today, which was okay. The weather wasn't wonderful--my least favorite, overcast and gloomy and, for here, chilly, as in the fifties. However, I understand it'll warm up today.

Today is this sweetie's birthday--my darling grandson Joel:   


Well, he's changed just a tad; it's his FORTIETH!
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💖

1 comment:

Pat said...

Cute baby and a very handsome man.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...