Monday, May 21, 2018

Routine, Ritual, Ritual, Routine

The usual Sunday routine--or ritual. I was so early at Kimball only a few other people were walking and I got home at 7:30. Changed my sheets and took a load of wash to the laundry place.
I'm continuing that picture project, which seems to have become a life mission or something. Now I've decided I want different pictures of the kids, so started searching Facebook and my own pics for them. Still have a few to go.
Went out for grapes and peppers, chopped the latter with onions, and reserved them for turkey stir fry, which I had for dinner. Cut up my cabbage, added a few seasonings and put it in the slow cooker. I'm proud of the fact that I hung two pictures, one a large, unframed canvas I put over the bathroom sink, the other one smaller with a picture of the herb and the legand "Rosemary." Could I  resist buying it? Nah.
Went to town after lunch--it was jammed, of course, but I like it that way--read in the library for a bit, then went home to assemble and cook dinner. Stir fry was very tasty; I'll be having dinner at  Sizzler tonight, so froze what was left of it for another day. The cabbage was yummy, too.
The above sounds like a dull day, but it wasn't.  Maybe somebody else would disagree, but my routine and rituals suit me and I like a day once in a while to just catch up on things.
I'll be out the next three days for various (and I have two dates on Wednesday), so this was good.
Showered and washed my hair, then settled in for the night--I thought. I was in bed and almost  asleep, when the phone rang. Good grief, was it some kind of emergency? No, it was Cece, from Toastmasters. I had e-mailed her, asking for her phone number so we could get together and she was calling me about it.
I try to be very careful not to call people before 10 am or so, unless I'm sure they're early risers. I was taken aback that she assumed 9:15 pm was no prob for me. However, Cece is a good person and has been very helpful to me, so I'll let it slide, of course, and I doubt if it will happen again.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...