Sunday, May 20, 2018

Out And About With El

Enjoyable day! Walked Kimball and so on, then spent time on that little picture project.  Talked to Betty, who will be going to Santa Barbara on May 30. Ellen called to ask if I wanted to get a pedicure with her after I picked her up at Pep Boys. Yes siree bob, I did. I've been meaning to get one--I badly needed it--but hadn't gotten around to it. She made the appointment for both of us for 11:30, I picked her up at Pep Boys, and we went straight to Jessica Nails.
We both picked a nice bright red and sat side by side to have our tooties beautified, chatting happily while it went on.  El said she and Greg had gone to the Ojai Theatre to see a short play based on the true story about a woman who bought a painting at a yard sale for three bucks, which turned out to be a Jackson Pollack worth millions. They enjoyed it immensely, especially since Greg is painted some good stuff himself.
El had said she'd rather not go to town, where the Blue Agave is, so we decided on Marie Callender's which we were able to walk to. I had a shrimp taco and ice-cold Chardonnay and we happily talked and talked. We then picked up her car and both drove to Big Lots to look at patio/yard umbrellas. We didn't get them there, but El bought two darling sofa cushions with robins on them.
After that, we said goodbye and I went directly to town for my walk and short time at the library. Stopped on the way home and got cherries, more blueberries, and limes. Had swordfish for dinner and I like fresh lime juice with it.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...