Saturday, May 05, 2018

Cinco de Mayo

Kimball, then T.O.P.S.  I weighed in at 127.9, two tenths of a pound heavier than last week--but who cares? The meeting was the usual: one tenth fairly engaging and the rest boring crap, but I'm used to it, I guess. My niece, Joan, who lives in Manhattan called after I weighed in, but before the meeting started, so I had time to talk. She had seen on Facebook that I was planning a trip to NJ in June and wanted to know if she and Jim could come down to Betty's to see both of us. Yeah, sure, but let me make my plans and not have to worry about how to fit people in, or whatever.  I'll get back to her. Didn't have breakfast until10:30, then did this and that on the laptop. Went out for lettuce, cucumbers, and cauliflower.
After lunch, I just made the decision not to do the town walk because I wanted to look into planes and trains. What I'd like to do it fly into Philly, then take a train to Virginia to see Jim. I'm not sure if I can get it from the airport--think I'll call niece Chrissy, Jim's daughter, and get her advice.
Went to WinCo for different things and ran into Gillian, Ellen's R.E. agent, and her partner, Kelly; had a nice chat with them. Betty called while I was there to tell me Janie Moylan Martin has died. Janie was in our HSHS class, so we go a long way back. Damn. I'll send Charles a note.
I barely had time to get to Briggs School for the cinco de Mayo fiesta, but got there and met Ellen. We stayed while her third grade class danced--beautiful children in colorful outfits--then cut out. Had dinner at Jasmine Thai and enjoyed fresh rolls (not of dough, but veggies wrapped in lettuce), chicken satay, and crab rangoon. I enjoyed a Singha beer with it and El had Thai iced tea.
Got home and was watching my usual episode of Frasier when Aline called.  I had forgotten she stays up very late; it was midnight by the time we hung up, which would have had me reeling, but was fine for her. I told her of my plan to visit Jersey in June and we happily discussed it.



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...