Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Bummer

Yesterday was a...yes, a true bummer.
After Kimball, breakfast, and doing a load of wash, I showered, washed my hair, and dressed to meet Noreen at the movie. We were planning to go to The Cave after and I was looking forward to it. I had told  Noreen the movie was at 12:40 and I'd probably get there a bit early, so I walked in at 12:30.
All right, I'm going to cut right to the chase and roll this up: I waited and waited and waited, called Noreen and left messages several times, didn't see her, and finally left after 45 minutes. Had to do something at Office Max nearby, then went back to the movie, even asked one of the employes if he had seen her, no luck. At this point, I had left four messages on her phone and I was getting very worried. I knew she wouldn't have just blown it off, but maybe she had fallen or was sick...?  I actually would have gone to her house, but I didn't have her address.
Drove to town, but just didn't feel like the walk, as it was overcast, chilly, and spitting rain. Went home and was about to see if Fern had Noreen's address, but then the phone rang. Noreen said she had gotten to the movie about 12:25, waited in the lobby, but then thought I might be in the movie theatre itself, so went in. She didn't see me, but thought I might come in--
What?  I would never have done that, but she honestly thought I might have. How explain the four phone messages (with the last one, I was frantic)? Well, the message machine is only on her landline; she doesn't know how to program her cell, which is an old flip-cover; plus, she doesn't always turn it on. AAGH!
Anyway, she was very apologetic--we must have missed each other by mere minutes--but I told  her not to worry about it. We made a date for lunch at The Cave tomorrow, which will be fun. I wasn't crazy about seeing the movie, anyway, so no real harm done.
Got an e-mail from Fern, asking me to run for office in Toastmasters. I'd rather do that than hang by my toes for three days, but just barely, so I'll beg off.
Went to Jessica Nails and got a manicure. Boy, the ol' hands look good; ol', yes, but good.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...