Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Widder Lunch

Did the usual in the morning. After breakfast, I went out to get two more Mother's Day cards and some blueberries, which I finally found at Ralph's.
Rachel E., of the Poinsettia chapter of Toastmasters, sent an e-mail to members inviting them to attend a Sierra Club presentation by her daughter and another young woman about their trip on the Pacific Coast Walk from Oregon to Mexico in 96 days. That's this evening at 5:30 and I was anxious to go, so I called Noreen (we had had a movie/dinner date) to see if she would want, also. She didn't, but assured me it was okay to skip the  outing, which we'll do next week.
Dressed for the widder lunch and got there just about noon. I was delighted to see my friend from T.O.P.S., Jana.  Her husband died only about six weeks ago, after a very long illness. I suggested the group to her and clearly, she enjoys it. It was a small, but convivial, group with seven woman and one man, Greg, who's also newly widowed. Susan lent me a book called Widowed, by a man, but I haven't looked  at it yet.
Drove directly to town after and took my usual walk. Sat for a short time and read, but didn't feel like it for long and when I got back to the car it was only a bit after 2:00. I was kind of at loose ends, so drove to the other end of town and looked in a few stores. Back home for a shrimp dinner and that was that.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...