Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Cave With Noreen

The usual in the early hours. After breakfast, I scrubbed and trimmed two pounds of carrots, added cut-up tangerines and, just for variety, a few lime wedges, and put all in the slow cooker. Tidied up the apartment, tidied up my bod, then left to meet Noreen at The Cave at 1:00.
We had a ball gabbing away, both with Chardonnay in hand. I had a veggie burger (made in-house with beets, ground nuts, and something else), plus their yummy, also made there, potato chips.  We were there for more than an hour and a half and will see each other at Humor & Drama Toastmasters tomorrow night. It got a bit chilly, so I went home to get my warmer jacket, then took off for town and my walk. 
Stopped at Target on the way back and got a gift card for Vera, whose birthday party I'll attend next Friday. On the way home, I picked up some mushrooms, as I decided to have a veggie dinner.  As it turned out, though, I wasn't hungry after my big lunch, so just had a big bowl of the carrots.
Ellen called shortly before I sat down to eat and we had a good,  long talk. I was delighted to hear she's going to the graduation party for great-niece, Claire next Friday. She invited me to stay over at her place that night, which I will.
Must gather more poetry before my lunch with Diane today--will 'splain later.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...