Thursday, May 17, 2018

Lunch In The Park With Diane

Kimball, breakfast, crossword--could I be in a rut?  Yes, but it's my rut and I like it.
Met Diane at Plaza Park at 12:30 for our standing Wednesday date. I brought my little bottle of wine, but she, the sly minx, had hers in an innocent-looking water bottle. Ha--I'll do that next week!
As ever, our talk ranged over childhoods, beliefs or lack of them, and what movies we liked. I told her about Tully, but not, of course, the twist.
Diane gave me a flyer about the "Everyday Mindfulness"class she teaches--or rather, the class she wants to teach. This is a thoroughly new age-ie thing that just flatly isn't for me. I'll mention it tonight at Toastmasters, but not very enthusiastically, I'm afraid. Diane holds all kinds of beliefs (not including organized religion), the whifftier the better, especially about those who have died and come back. There are  hordes of them, it seems, and they said they did, so they must have. She insists there's empirical evidence for this phenomenon and hey, whatever turns you on...
We both walked to the library after, then parted. I went to the bank, conveniently right on Main Street,  to deposit the ninety-three dollar check California so kindly sent me. The Feds have been generous, too, recently sending me $145, the additional refund after I remembered my CREF income.
Home, then I packed up a package and took it to the P.O. Stopped at Sprouts for berries and swordfish, then at Smart 'n' Final for strawberries and Romaine. Once I got home, I sliced the strawberries and by then it was after 5:00 and that was more or less it for the day.


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...