Saturday, May 26, 2018

T.O.P.S.And The 101

The usual morning routine, then home to change and go to T.O.P.S. As ever, I'm staying at 128--up three-tenths of a pound, but that's okay. Long, boring meeting, so didn't have breakfast until 10:30. I then went out to re-stock; bought mucho vegetables and fruit at three different stores.
After lunch, it occurred to me I hadn't dropped in on Greg at Whole Foods for some time, so why not do so?  I also wanted to stop at Best Buy for a laptop briefcase/holder/sleeve or whatever they're called. I took Harbor Boulevard, as I was sure I could get to Whole Foods without involving the 101 Freeway.
I couldn't.  I drove around here, there, and everywhere in Oxnard and never did hit The Collection, which is where Whole Foods is. I did stumble on Best Buy and bought a laptop thing, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it; I'll see what Office Max has. There's no point in enumerating all my driving errors mistakes or re-hashing the various wrong turns I made, but I was "lost," sort of, for a good hour. I finally gave up, drove back into Ventura, then to town, and did the museum to library thing. Read for a while, then came home.
Actually, I kind of enjoyed the driving in Oxnard, but think I'll have to resign myself to the idea of using the 101.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...