Saturday, May 19, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Produce

Got to Kimball, but later than I have been. Saw the usual suspects, said hello, and got home by 8:00. Changed for T.O.P.S. and weighed in at--surprise! One twenty-eight point 4, so I've essentially stayed the same (with very minor variations; I was 138.9 last week) for about five weeks, which is fine by me.
The meeting, however, was not fine by me. There were only eight of us there--leader Lennie is off on a trip--and it was led by Lolly.  Slow, deliberate Lolly. Ponderous, no sense of humor Lolly. Deadly serious Lolly.
Okay, that really isn't fair. Lolly is a former teacher. She's actually a kind, friendly person that you could best describe as "mild." Unfortunately, that sometimes translates into dull, tedious, and monumentally--well, boring. She hasn't experienced any discernible weight loss, as far as I can see. Like virtually all the other members, she loses a pound or two, than gains three and loses one and gains...ad infinitum. She brought in a meaningless article about how taking hot baths is as good as exercise and proceeded to slowly read every word. Anyway, I finally escaped, but it was after 10:00 before I got breakfast.
After, I worked on my family picture frame project. I succeeded in filling all the slots, but am not satisfied with all the pictures, so may rethink it. Went to town, walked, then to WinCo for goodies. I bought so many that I had to make two trips from my car to my apartment to get them all in.  They included lettuce, tomatoes, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, watermelon, cabbage, and something else I forget.
Just saw a FB message from Mike. He and the girls will be here at the end of June, then to New Mexico in July. I'm mulling over changing my plans for Jersey in June; may wait until August.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...