Sunday, May 27, 2018

Cece

Kimball and so on.
I was scheduled to meet Cece at the Barnes & Noble Coffee Shop at 9:30, but she texted, then called to say she was running late and could we make it 10:00 at the Hill Street Library? Actually, that worked out better for me, as I had been in the middle of using the Chop Wizard on both cauliflower and yellow peppers, so sure.
Got there, secured a private room, and Cece came after. We spent about forty-five minutes going  over  particulars on Toastmasters--she's been in for 14 years--including some of the same things I asked Jeanne the other day.  We then started talking about ourselves and spent another hour and a half on that.
It's great getting to know better people you like to begin with. Cece is in her middle sixties, quite attractive, intelligent, and warm-hearted. She never married and her brother--who may or may not have had a drinking problem--lives with her in the house they grew up in. She was the youngest of six, her parents are now gone, and she's lived in Ventura all her life. 
Somehow, we started talking about the Catholic Church and birth control; I was surprised when she casually mentioned she had gotten the pill when she was 19 or so, although she wasn't promiscuous. She was raised Catholic, but is now very active in a fundamentalist church. She said she had tried "OK Cupid," a dating service, and met a man, but according to Cecehe came up with a negative: He was a Capricorn and she's Leo or something. Good grief.
When I expressed surprise that she would put any credence in astrology, she assured me she didn't. This has happened a number of times in my experience: No, no, I don't believe in it, the person says, but Capricorns and Leos don't get along--AAGH!  If Cece didn't believe in it, the guy's "birth sign" wouldn't even have entered her consciousness. But no prob, it was an enjoyable way to start the day.
Other than that, I followed my usual routine.



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...