Monday, May 28, 2018

A Wedding

The usual Sunday routine, but after walk, breakfast, and crossword, I lay down on the sofa and actually took a nap. I had gotten up annoyingly early--4:30--and felt good after. Darn, I did the same this morning and that's a little too early, even for me.
As for yesterday, it was mundane.  I quickly dusted and mopped the hard floors, then went out for more (more!) blueberries and photo paper for the printer. I did put the family pictures in the new frame, but I'm not happy with all of them and may substitute others if I can get them to come out better.
Lunch, then town, which was just abuzz with people--tourists, street musicians, sight-seers, and shoppers, all concentrated in the five blocks between the museum and the library. I stopped for fifteen minutes or so to watch a wedding party arriving at St. Bonaventure's: pretty bridesmaids dressed in pale mauve, a flower girl in an old-fashioned bonnet, the mother, I guess,all gotten up in finery. Then the young bride got out of a car with an older man, her father, maybe. They slowly ascended the stairs and I had such a rush of feeling, remembering my own wedding. In less than a month, it will be my sixtieth  anniversary day and for fifty-two of those years, I was a wife, not a widow.  May the young couple who got  married yesterday have long and happy lives.
Stopped at Office Max on the way home to look at their laptop carriers. For various reasons, I didn't like any of theirs, so will probably keep the one I bought at Best Buy.
BP: 108/70 (65--pulse?)



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...