Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Widder Dinner and Fandango

Ran into Ed and his dog, Lola, at Kimball. As ever, he was full of talk--his trip to Atlanta (you'd think it was Atlantis, he was so full of it) and going to this great restaurant with rocking chairs (Cracker Barrel, fer cryin' out loud!). I escaped after five or so and got home by 7:30.
After breakfast, at long last, I galvanized myself and wrote to Tony M. at the Y, with my proposal for  resuming my acting class in the fall. I have to hone the letter a bit and decide what enclosures, but since he's familiar with Acting for Amateurs, having approved it for SCAN, that shouldn't be a problem.
Called my niece, Joan, to tell her I won't be coming to Jersey in June after all, as Mike and the girls will be here. Incredibly, we talked for just a few minutes shy of two hours. Had a lot to say.
I called Noreen to see if we were on for our movie and lunch today. We are  and will see Book Club  at the early show (10:20 am); think I'll suggest we eat Japanese.
Went to town and saw a portable easel at The Coalition for twenty-five bucks; it folds into a kind of suitcase and even has a bench to sit on. I texted El to see if she thought Greg might want it, then took pictures. However, it may be missing some screws, so I'm not sure if it would be worth buying--it's up to them.
Stayed reading at the library (I'm into the Casey Anthony case) and didn't get home until 5:00. Got my medication from Caremark, opened it and found they had included--and charged for me--not only the 20-mg Atorvastin, but the 49 mg, too. What a hassle when I called: They refused to rescind the charge, but said I could file a grievance with Blue Shield. I may or may not; not sure it's worth the effort.
Got to Sizzler about 5:00  to find my widder group of twenty or so. I had a glass of Chardonnay and just ordered the soup bar with it. I had a good time with these good people. When I got home, I used Fandango for the first time and got my movie ticket sent to my phone. Okay, it's convenient, but I was incensed that they charge not just for the ticket, but a $1.50 "convenience charge." Damn, these companies will nickel and dime you to death.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...