Thursday, May 03, 2018

Doggies And Cece

Good grief, I'm getting earlier and earlier with my morning walk. I used to leave for Kimball between 7:00 and 7:15; yesterday, I was home by 6:40.  However, no prob, as I like it either way.
Had breakfast, then changed for the BCNN meeting. Sat with Doris and Sherry, as  usual; neither Carole nor Sue were there. I'm really not sure why I bothered. Whoever the program director is, she's a dud. Yet again, there was a doggy presentation, complete with two speakers, slides, and videos from a "no kill" outfit called Best Friends or something.
Now, I don't want to  see any living creature hurt, but the animal thing is not my bag. Of course, current-day California is probably the most pet-oriented society in history, or so it seems to me. I'm not, but I didn't want to be rude and walk out, so I endured and we didn't get out of the thing until almost 11:30.
Changed for the second time and spent some time assembling my docent info for Sunday.  Prepped some veggies, including spaghetti squash, tomato and onion roast, and others. Lunched, then drove  to town and did the walk. Stopped at Smart 'n' Final for grapes, salad dressing, and a nice little jar of oysters. 
I met Cece at The Wicked Brew at 7:00 and gave her her chimes. We had a glass of wine--Cece insisted on treating me--and talked and talked. We don't have an enormous amount in common, but I like her a lot. She's 59, never married, but dates, lives with her brother, and has worked for Ventura County for 17 years.  She had been raised Catholic, but is now an "evangelical minister" with one of the many off-shoot churches that seem to spring up her. I didn't get home until almost 9:00, but was glad I had gone.
When I got up just now, I saw I had missed a Facebook video call from older son--at 12:30 am! I wonder if that's a mistake, but will try to get back to him.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...