Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Tully And Corned Beef

Met up with many I know on the Kimball walk, including Diane and Irene, the former just back from one of her strenuous hikes. After breakfast, I got ready to meet Noreen at the movie in town for Tully. She had preferred the early (10:20 AM) showing and actually, it worked out well. Parked at the museum, walked to the library, then went back to the Century 10.  I had been given Fandango for Mothers Day and handed the card in, but was told I had to do it on line, which I will. As for the movie, Tully, I was prepared to dislike it, but in fact, I loved it; I saw myself in a lot of it. There were very few in the theatre--that early on Tuesday, no wonder--but sitting one away from us was a young mother with a tiny (six weeks old) baby. He was all snuggled against her in a kind of sling and slept throughout. We were charmed and I chatted happily with the Mommy (she has an eight-and six-year-old, also). It just seemed to go with the movie theme.
It was only 12:30 or so when we got out and we strolled just a short distance down to Dargan's. I like the place, but hadn't been there for awhile, so I was glad when Noreen suggested. I threw caution to the winds and ordered corned beef and cabbage, which came with mashed potatoes. Of course, I wouldn't dream of such a meal without good Irish beer, so I had a Harp with it.
The corned beef was so damn good, so tender it just fell apart at the touch of my fork. As for the mashed, I haven't had them for sixteen months and not only did I eat them, I put on two pats of butter and savored it. (The cabbage was good, too.) I ate every scrap and had to restrain myself  from licking the plate.
Noreen and I had a good time talking over Toastmasters, family, and so on. It's difficult to see her gait. She has what I think she said is a "bad hip" and she rocks back and forth when she walks, which is not only unsightly, but painful. We'll see each other tomorrow at Humor & Drama Toastmasters. After we parted, I walked back to the library and read for a bit, but wasn't into it and left after a half hour or so.
Stopped in a few stores for blueberries, but found none and picked up blackberries, instead, a poor substitute. Went to the mall to look for light pajamas and found some I liked at Sears, of all places. Also bought slippers--two for the price of one.
On my way home, Ellen called to see if I'd pick her up at Pep Boys on Saturday, then do something after and go to lunch. Yes, indeed, nothing I'd like better.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...