Thursday, March 01, 2018

This, That, And Zoom

I was actually glad to get a day off, so to speak, from going places and doing things. Much as I enjoy my activities, I need to regroup a bit here and there, plus get to things I neglected.
After Kimball (still pretty chilly out there) and breakfast, I fooled around with the laptop. I know Gil reconnected the printer and it copies from the Internet, but I can't get it to scan. Something comes up on the screen, but I can't follow it and am afraid to try much.
I've been back and forth with my friend, Diane, about meeting for lunch. I nixed next week, as I was called to jury duty. However, I reread the summons and discovered it said if you had been called within the past year, you wouldn't have to serve. This blog came in handy, as I easily checked and saw I had been called in July last year. Since it's only about a mile from here, I drove to the justice complex and talked to a very pleasant and friendly woman at Jury Service. She saw that they had my old address (even though I had changed it at the DMV and elsewhere), which was way they didn't know I wasn't a new person. She updated it and said I didn't  have to go. E-mailed Diane to say I was open most days next week.
Did the town walk after lunch, stopped into The Coalition and saw a stunning Christmas statue. It's an angel holding a garland, with the nativity scene below. I think it's a plaster rendering, is almost two feet tall and must weigh 25 pounds. I HAD TO HAVE IT! With tax it was twenty-one bucks and change, but I didn't care. I had to leave it in the back, as I was walking, then bring the car around and put it in the back.
At 7:00, John, Cece, and I had a test virtual Zoom meeting. This is actually pretty cool, as you can see up to ten participants on the screen, plus interact via voice, comments, and so on. You can set it to "gallery view," meaning all involved are pictured or "speaker view," in which only the one delivering the talk is full-screen. We'll do a real go-round on Monday and I'm curious to see how it is.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...