Friday, March 16, 2018

Getting Things Done

YAY!  I finally finished the three things I've been putting off, literally, for months.
1. Taxes: After Kimball and breakfast, I gathered the last of the info together and took it over to Michelle. Now it's in her court and I don't even want to think about it until I have to sign.
2. Toastmasters Pathways: I've been trying to ignore this ever since I joined, but my mentor, Fern kept urging me to "take the next step."  I resisted, since I didn't really want to expend the effort, but finally went on-line and at least looked it over. It actually looks fairly interesting, so that's okay. Will continue to follow it and now, I can at least tell Fern I'm in it.
3. Pedicure: I really dislike having people poking around my feet, but I can't do it myself and my toenails were just a disgrace, as well as a hazard. Finally went to Jessica Nails, plopped myself down, and had a very pleasant Vietnamese (they're all Vietnamese) girl named "Sue" (or "Su"--she can use the same name here) did the deed. Boy, it feels good.
Before all that, I took a wash to the place and did this and that until it was finished. Called Betty and was alarmed to learn she had fallen in her driveway a few days ago. She said her glasses were pushed into her face and she was very bruised. I'm glad  she went to her doctor; he had a lot of tests done and, good thing, there seems to be no permanent damage.
Went for the town walk, as ever. Sat at the library for thirty minutes or so, reading a very extensive bio of Steve Jobs. Don't know if I have the interest to continue.
Went to Humor & Drama Toastmasters and read the "Dear Dogs and Cats" thing. That went over pretty big. I signed up to give an "icebreaker" talk next time. This is supposed to be about your own life in some way or another--I have plenty of material for that.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...