Sunday, March 18, 2018

Blue Funk

Sort of a nothing--read "nuthin'--day. Walked the walk, then Sunday-ed the Sunday and was kind of at loose ends after that.  Walked over to Vons (it's right on the next block) for lettuce and blackberries, did some computer stuff, and had lunch. Called my neice, Carolyn, just to say hello and found she was in San Juan Capistrano for a girls' weekend and her fiftieth birthday.
E-mailed my friend, Diane, suggesting I pick her up some day this week and we'll go to The Cave, which we've been talking about. She wrote back and we made a date for Thursday at 3:00. I then (unusual for me) lay down and actually took an hour nap. Left for town at 3:00, walked to the library, read a while, then walked back and went home.
I don't know why, I was just in a blue funk for some reason. I know this will pass if I just hold on, but I wish I could think of a way to cheer myself up.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

If/when you find the remedy please forward same to me. You're already as active as can be so that's not the cure. Maybe planning your trip East will give a jump start. Then again I find the weekends the hardest. I bet you'll be back to snuff tomorrow.

Mimi said...

Pat, thanks so much for noticing and caring. Yes, weekends are often the hardest, although not if I see Ellen, as I did Saturday. I do have activities coming up: widder dinner tonight, movie and wine with Nancy tomorrow, and an outing with Diane on Thursday. I really don't think it's so much a lack of things to do--not sure what. As for forwarding the remedy to you--ha! The only thing I can do is tell you--and I know you already know it, dearie--that it will pass for both of us.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...