Saturday, March 24, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Other

Sun, sun, glorious sun! The rain had stopped when I walked Kimball and it was go good to be out there again. Met up with Irene and Diane and we chatted before continuing on our ways.
Home to change, then to T.O.P.S. I thought I had gained and I did, a little, but I'm still in the one twenties, so I'm okay with it. An "area coordinator" or whomever she is, conducted the meeting and what a snooze fest. I swear all these organizations must insist their reps take a course in cliches, hackneyed jargon,  worn out slogans and truisms; her presentation was the same old crapola. In addition, she had all kinds of useless items to sell. I was surprised when she announced that one of our members is a State Award Winner and would be "honored" at the State Recognition Days in June, to take place in Visalia. The winner? Yours truly.  As leader Lennie said--"Rosemary's the one who's lost the most weight."
Well, everybody said congratulations, as if it's some kind of fabulous opportunity, but frankly, I doubt very much if I'll go. It would be at my own expense and it's all the way down past San Diego. I sure as hell won't drive there; I'd take the train.  Add to that the cost of a hotel room and other expenses and I don't care to spring for it.  Hey, why would I want to?  It's not as if those "honored" get anything out of it. They have to write their own "success stories," but are not allowed to read them themselves, plus there's even a dress code: long skirts and so on. Nope, ain't gonna do it.
Moving on, I didn't get breakfast until 10:30 and did a wash after that. I was pleased to have Suzanne ring my bell to ask if I was available today for dinner. She's having our other neighbors--Loretta, who works where Suzanne does, at St. John's, and her husband, Fred, whom I already know.  Great--I said I'd bring something and Suzanne opted for salad, right down my alley.
Took off for town after lunch and walked the walk. I ran into Tony M., former manager at SCAN, now at the Y and we chatted. He suggested I send him a proposal for my acting class, which I could possibly do at the Y.  After ascertaining we're talking money, not volunteer work, I said I would, but I don't want to start anything until fall. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...