Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Maze Runner And Rain

A different day from the usual. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, and jumped in the shower and washed my hair, preparing to meet Nancy in town for the twelve noon movie. However, she called about 9:00 to say she was apprehensive being out in late afternoon, considering the expected storm.
Now we're talking rain, not snow, but this is California and yes, "heavy" rain was predicted, although I had read it wouldn't start until evening.  It's true that people up in the hills were told they might have to evacuate, but that would be unlikely in flat Oakview, where Nancy lives. What made her nervous, though, was driving home on route 33, which goes up a hill and I didn't blame her. We thought we'd have to cancel our Tuesday, but I asked how she'd feel about simply meeting for lunch. I said I'd be glad to drive up to near her place, but Nancy preferred Masa Sushi in town and that was fine by me.
That meant I was able to park at the museum and do my usual afternoon walk. Met up at noon and we had great lunch with miso soup, salmon, sushi, and good Japanese Sapporo beer. Of course, we talked and sat for a long time. When we left, I walked Nancy to the parking garage, then went back to my car at the museum. Went home and changed, then to the store to pick up some fresh produce. It was only a little after 2:00 when I finished and I didn't feel like going home. Iit occurred to me I could go to a movie by  myself--and I did. Walked into the Regency, asked what was playing or about to start, was told Maze Runner: Death Cure, so that's what I saw. (If something else had just started, I would have seen that, instead.)
Was it good?  Applied to this kind of movie, I have no idea how to answer that. But did I enjoy it?  Why yes, It was a  futuristic type, full of violence, incredible movie photo-shopping, not something I would never dream of seeing if I had had a choice, but I didn't, so I just relaxed and went with it.  Of course, the minute I got up from my seat, I forgot about it, but still, it was a pleasant enough way to pass an afternoon.
It had started raining while I was in the theatre at 6:15 or so, but only very lightly. Now, at 6:28 on Wednesday, it still is--or is again--more strongly, but still it's not what you'd call a heavy rain--not on the west coast, anyway.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...