Monday, March 26, 2018

Sunday

The usual--but enjoyable--Sunday morning with Kimball and crossword. After breakfast, I lay down on the couch and incredibly, fell asleep for about an hour. I actually dreamed and at one point, I seemed to be inhabiting the dream world and the real world simultaneously. I wasn't freaked out, I  just found it interesting.
Got up to wash and cut the beets I just bought. Put the bulbs in the big slow cooker and the greens in the small one. Had the latter for lunch, along with my salad; seems to me they're as tasty as spinach. Did some things on the computer and other this and that. After lunch, I left for town, did the walk, and read at the library for an hour. Walked back and bought a scrap book at one of the thrift stores (brand new and for a song, i.e. 99 cents). When I ever get back around to it, I'll continue putting family pictures in such albums. Stopped to get tomatoes and paper towels.
As I was putting things away, my doorbell rang. It was Loretta from Suzanne's dinner party; she said she didn't have my last name or number, so we exchanged them. I invited her in and we sat down and chatted. She and Fred want to move into a  first floor apartment. They're now on the second; their place is laid out the same as mine, but it's not newly renovated as mine way, yet they pay $110 more than I do. I guess the scum of the earth landlords (two brothers who live in Santa Barbara) wanted to be sure to profit from those who were burned out of their homes and lost almost all their possessions. That's capitalism, folks.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...