Friday, March 09, 2018

Chores And Stuff

Virtuous me, I spent a lot of the day catching up on domestic duties. After walking Kimball and breakfast, I mopped the hard floors, stripped the bed, re-made, and took linens and another load to The Place (it's only a short path walk away). While they washed, then dried, I prepared my Romaine, chopped cucumbers, and cut down my chicken carcass from the other day to get that chopped, too. All that got put together in my big salad lunch.
Got an e-mail from Suz, asking that I send her my resignation from VCS in writing, so I sat down and, in between chores, composed that. She sent me a second, saying that they'll be reorganizing based on my long message to her after the last time-wasting meeting.  That's fine, but I'm moving on.
After lunch, went on my regular town walk, stopping first to pick up rice cakes. As Becky, from T.O.P.S. remarked, they taste like cardboard, but I've gotten to like them. Sometimes I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on them, which is an improvement--sort of.
Funnily, I ran into Diane on Main Street, slowly maneuvering with her walker, but dressed, as ever, very stylishly and made up nicely. We chatted and agreed I'll pick her up sometime and we'll go for a wine outing at The Cave.
When I got home, I found at my door, a Time magazine from Suzanne, with an article on a new drug for Alzheimer.  It was so good of her to leave it, as she knows about my brother. Haven't read it yet, but fervently hope it may the the breakthrough.
I printed out the letter for Suz, signed it, and took it to her office. I had forgotten that she, too, has resigned from her regular job (not the VCS one, but she had headed up the Agency on Aging for Ventura), so sent it to her electronically.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...