Friday, March 30, 2018

The IRS And Toastmasters

Walked Kimball in a heavy fog that obscured the hills when I first got there. As I walked, though, it lifted and showed the magic. I love it here. After breakfast, I went to Kimball, then to Wal-Mart for knee-highs. I sometimes wear ballerinas on my feet if I don't want to dress up, but want to skip the sneakers.  I thought I should start honing my talk for Toastmasters last night and did so.  (I had decided to speak on my self-engineered diet regimen, with which I've lost fifty-some pounds.) Called Michelle to tell her my tax refund had been deposited into my checking account, then e-mailed her the form I had neglected to do so before. She'll file an amended return and I assume I'll get more back.
Kept my appointment at Pep Boys to have my tire looked at and yes, it had a nail in it. It was removed and twenty bucks was removed from my bank account, but at least I didn't need a new tire.
Drove to town after lunch for the usual. Read for a bit in the library and stopped at Five Points on the way home to get my little gold chariot washed.
Humor & Drama was enjoyable, partly, maybe, because some of the members are a little kooky, especially Annette. Last night, she was dressed bizarrely, even for her: She wore several layers of clothes that had seen better days and had a rhinestone tiara around her neck. She added lots of other jewelry, including a headband on her grey hair which flows almost to her waist.  I don't know what her living circumstances are, but I know she doesn't live at The Lexington (assisted living)  where we meet. Well, each to his own.
John C. gave an "icebreaker" talk about his grandfather, who became a Benedictine priest after being widowed. That was interesting, but Fern presented a snoozer about Andrew Jackson and his involvement with the Battle of New Orleans.  Does anybody besides a third-grade need to know this?

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...