Monday, March 12, 2018

Cruisin' Around

It was a nicer day and, happily, I was able to get both walks in. Did the usual Sunday thing after Kimball--it's funny how I look forward to the Sunday crossword--then went to WinCo for chicken and spaghetti squash. Also checked out their pretzels and Goldfish; I said I'd bring something to The Brewery tonight, when we meet for Toastmasters. However, I'm going to annouch that they can't have so much as a crumb until somebody volunteers to take what's left over home. I don't want to have access to bring it in.
Okay, daylight saving time: It's amazing how many clocks I have. The laptop and my phone changed themselves, of course, but incredibly, I have five other clocks that are mechanical. One is my trusty little alarm clock--yes, yes, I know I can program my phone to function that way, but why should I? The other in the bedroom is a disk made into a little round clock; many, many years ago, my older son got it as some kind of promotion when ordered a CD or something. He gave it to me at least 20 years ago, and it's kept time fairly well all that time.  Both the former run on batteries.
In the kitchen, I have a pseudo antique clock on the wall, which also runs on a battery, as it's a cheap imitation I got at a thrift shop. However, it looks very authentic and I flanked it with large pictures of my father when he was at Villanova, one of his track team, the other of his debating team.
Also in the kitchen, the clocks on the stove and microwave had to be changed.  Oh, wait, I had to change the one in the car, also--that's a total of EIGHT clocks that I own! What's really weird is that 1.)  if I don't set the alarm, I invariably wake  up within ten minutes of the time I set it (5:45 am) anyay; 2.) almost always, I know what time it is without looking at a clock. Why do I need all those clocks?  I don't, but I'm compulsive.
Nancy called while I was in town.  She had suggested we go to lunch at the Red Lobster for our Tuesday outing; I had agreed, but really prefer a movie, then our little wine outing. I was glad when she indicated she'd rather do that, too. We'll look for what's playing.
Had the swordfish for dinner, searing it on both sides, then roasting in the oven. It was delish.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...