Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Looking Up

Well, things are looking up. I was heartened by my friend, Pat's, comment, for one thing. For another, I think I just naturally (as I assumed I would) pulled out of my gloom, at least to a fair extent.
Walked Kimball, breakfasted, then went out for coffee filters and tomatoes. Sliced up the latter, did the same to a big onion, added garlic, olive oil, and vinegar, and roasted in the oven. This was a particularly good batch (they all seem to turn out differently) and enhanced my lunch salad.
Drove to town and called Nancy to see if she was going to the widder dinner. Yep, and I suggested for our Tuesday outing today, that we see The Shape of Water in town.  It didn't look that interesting to me, best picture or not, but there isn't much else we haven't seen, so we decided on that. Stopped at Masa Sushi, the Japanese restaurant nearby, which we'll visit after the movie. and picked up some takeout menus.
Went to Sizzler for the widder dinner and had a fine time.  There was somebody new there--Ruth--and I enjoyed talking to her, as well as the rest of the group.  I'm still not nuts about the food there, but I guess I'll survive it.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...