Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Toastmasters With Postcards

Kimball and so on, then I spent time honing my talk for Poinsettia Toastmasters. I decided to speak on my former deltiology life, i.e. postcard collecting. I sold most of them to the guy who owns Unshredded Nostalgia in Barnegat and boy, I regret not retaining a few more than I did.
It's funny how the mind will trip you up, especially when it comes to memory. I was sure I had sold my collection (which totaled roughly four thousand postcards) shortly before I left for California. I looked back at this blog, and no--I had sold it nine years ago. We had moved to Little Egg, which meant instead of the trip to the Washington Crossing postcard club meetings taking 20 minutes, it took a good hour and a half. Plus, Pat's health was starting to deteriorate and I turned my attention to that. I thought I might enjoy attending a collector club again, I looked on the Internet and couldn't find any closer than L.A. and I'm not traveling there.
Met at 6:30 at Dudley House, with which all attendees were pleased--all seven of us. I did my talk, which was very well received and Fern was the other speaker. Because of a mix up in scheduling--this group isn't what you'd call well organized--the meeting was short and I was home before 8:00.
Movie with Nancy today and she suggested we go back to the Blue Agave. Okay, but next time, I want to resume at The Cave and later, try some new places.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...