Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Non-Party

Kimball--downright cold because I got there too early--about 6:45 and it was just getting light. Did it anyway, then went home to the usual. After, I did a lot of research on this and that, including the Dionne Quintuplets. I want to turn my attention to working up my presentation again.
Went out to get paper products of various kinds, then down to the thrift store, just to browse. I found a very nice makeup case for a very low price, so bought it for my forthcoming trip (when forthcoming, I don't know; in June, I hope).
I know there was going to be a St. Patrick's Day parade in town and decided not to drive there. Instead, I went again to Kimball and did that walk again. Got home to shower and dress and took off for Gillian's party in Ojai.
Oh, it was such riotous fun! I met a guy, we had plenty of green beer, then walked out into the moonlight and... Nope. I drove up, thinking it was odd there weren't a lot of cars around, walked to the door, and saw a note on it: The party was cancelled due to a death in the family. Oh, darn. I drove to Ellen's, who was cleaning; she was surprised I hadn't known about the cancellation, as Gillian had put it on Facebook, but I hadn't.
It turned out to be a good time, anyway.  El and I had Margaritas and chatted while she continued cleaning. She then served up a Bistro M.D. dinners. Greg was in Santa Barbara and called a few times. I'm sorry I didn't get to see  him, but it was already after 8:00 when I left.
Got home fine--hey, maybe Gillian will have an Easter party!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...