Sunday, March 11, 2018

Rain

What a miserable day. I was able to get my park walk in under dark  and dreary skies, but it started to rain shortly after I got home, about 7:45. It seemed to me a particularly California type of rain--kind of limp and half-hearted, little drips coming straight down and with no wind. Yes, yes, we need it desperately, but I love sunshine and I hate rain, which makes me feel sad and depressed.
Speaking of depressed: I was looking at something on this laptop, went to delete, and found it was frozen in the hourglass shape. Foolishly (because I should never do anything electronic when I don't know what it means and I don't know what anything means), I pressed control/alt/delete, then "sign out." It signed out, which took an age, and I didn't know how to get it running again.
Called El, but she had voice mail on--I should  have texted her, but didn't think of it--and I just picked up the damn thing, put it in several protective coverings and hauled it off to Office Depot. There I found Jesus, that neat guy, and he said I should have held the start button down for 5 seconds. Who knew, but anyway, he got it started again, plus ran a diagnostic test and found all is well. Besides all that good stuff, we got to talking; he's just finishing up his associates at Oxnard College and will go for his bachelors at a university next. We also talked about math (he  likes it--ugh!) and English (he has to write a five-page essay on politics and is nervous about it). With his name what it is, I wasn't surprised to hear he wasn't born here, but his accent is only barely noticable and he speaks well. We got into a talk about politics and boy, he's a guy after my own heart.
El called while I was there, but I told her no prob. Walked out happily with my little lady laptop, then called her again when I got home, just to catch up.
Earlier, I had stopped at Sprouts to buy a pound of raw shrimp. Had it for dinner and boy, there's no comparison with the already-cooked kind, almost invariably frozen. I do keep that on hand, in case I run out, but fresh is better. Also got some fresh swordfish, which I'll have tonight.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...