Monday, March 05, 2018

Lunch At El's

Kimball and Sunday--the usual. Did the crossword, then hightailed it to WinCo and to get gas.  Got to Ellen's at noon and had a Bistro M.D. lunch of sea bass, rice, and carrots. It was very good, much above the usual frozen dinner crapola, it seemed to me, and I enjoyed it.
We then took a lovely walk on a path that meanders through light woods and greenery. It was so pleasant to be out in the sun with El. We talked and talked; El suggested I find a man on-line.  I said hell, no, I don't want anybody my age and I doubt if anybody not my age would want me. However, I guess I could give it a shot--might be interesting.
We then went to a gas station and El gave me instructions about responding to the fact that my car kept telling me my tire was low. It didn't say which tire and I had bought a gauge, so we tried all four and I learned what I should look for. Damn, I never had to do this myself before, but at least now I think I can.
We went back to her place (which looks so attractive, by the way, as she had spent Saturday cleaning) and looked at Bob Fosse on YouTube. I have the same laptop she has and am just now starting to realize you can take it places. (Yes, Mimi, you boob, that's the whole idea.) Said goodbye about 4:00 and stopped at Kohl's on the way home. Saw slippers on clearance that were the kind I wanted, plus I had a 30% off coupon, so they cost me just $3.60--ha, ha, what a buy!
When I got home, I called Noreen to suggest we have lunch at the Blue Aqave today, then go to Dudley House to see if she can manage the stairs if we meet there for Toastmasters. Geez, that means I'll have lunch out three days in a row, but hey, somebody has to do it...

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...