Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"Molly's Game"

It was raining again when I finally got up at 7:00 and I waited to go to Kimball until after breakfast, when it had stopped. By that time, it was about 10:00, but I didn't want to give myself a pass, so did it.
Finally pulled together most of the tax info for Michelle. Must go over it and see if there's anything else I should have.  Had to go to the post office to send the Jersey boys St.Pat's Day cards--with a little dough tucked in--so was a bit late meeting Nancy for our Tuesday outing. However, I got there and we saw Molly's Game.
Boy, we both loved it. I didn't think it would be anything I'd really care for--poker and so on--but it was terrific. The acting was just perfect, especially the supporting players--spot on.
After, we went to The Cave, natch, and had our usual: Nancy, champagne, Mimi, Chardonnay, plus their delicious made-on-the-premises potato chips. Talked and talked, as ever, and had a fine time.
We stayed almost two hours, then said goodbye and, although it was overcast, wasn't raining, I drove directly to town to do the museum-to-library walk.
I had missed a call from Greg when we were in the movies and  got a voice mail message from him. He said a friend of his who has a radio show, is looking for an apartment and would I tell him who to contact at  Ventura Del Sol.  Called him back and left a message for him to call Jim or Bianca and left the number.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...