Wednesday, March 28, 2018

"The Leisure Seeker"

Walked Kimball and did the usual other. I was to meet Nancy in town at 11:30 for the movie, which started at noon.  I left early to consult Pep Boys about my tire, as my car was still telling me about "low pressure." The guy put air in, but said I may have a nail, so I made an appointment for Thursday at 10:00.
Got to town after, parked at the museum and walked to the Regency. But what was this? The movie was scheduled for 1:00, not 12:00. I called Nance and she said she had e-mailed me that; looked up what she had sent and that I had confirmed and, yes, she was right. Darn, how could  I have thought it was an hour earlier? Anyway, I went to the library and strolled around until she got there. We saw The Leisure Seeker, with Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland.
I can just imagine the director, writers, and actors sitting around trying to devise the most depressing possible movie that makes you want to take cyanide as soon as you leave the theatre. All right, Mirren and Sutherland were excellent, of course, but the story line stank, no matter how much forced hilarity was injected here and there. One of the things--of many--that bothered me was that I kept thinking of my dear brother in seeing the male lead's character slide into dementia. Shit.
After, my mood lifted when we went to The Blue Agave for our Tuesday wine and tacos. Sat and talked a long time, as ever, and didn't part until 5:00. Stopped at the store on the way home for grapes and lettuce; skipped dinner and spent a quiet evening.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...