Sunday, March 04, 2018

Various

It was drizzling a little when I set out at 7:00, but had stopped by the time I got to Kimball. I wasn't about to give myself another pass, so walked the walk. Only one other person went by, but I was glad I had done it.
Home to the usual, then I prepared some of my lunch salad. I like to have the lettuce ready, at least, and I already had my roasted (but cold) tomatoes, chopped chicken, and so on; I usually put everything together when I'm ready to eat.
Went to Sprout's for produce and, browsing in vegetables, saw golden beets in the organic section. I had never known there were such things, but I like beets, so bought a bunch. When I got home, I cut off the (large and lush) greens, then pared the beets, cut them into chunks, and put them in the slow cooker. I washed the greens and sauteed them in olive oil. Like spinach, they cook very quickly and boy, they were tasty.
Called Ellen and we had a good talk. We'll get together today, as she asked me over for lunch. That's always a treat--lunch and to be with my daughter.
Went to Kohl's to pick up a baby gift for my nephew, Tim's, newborn. Tim is 50 and little Declan was born on his Mommy's fortieth birthday.  Wrapped the gift and took to the P.O. on my way to town.
Walked, then library-ed for an hour. On the way back to the museum, I stopped in a store and saw an oval T-Fan pan that you can use on the stove or put in the oven. Bought it and cooked my onions and peppers, then mushrooms and salmon in it. Works great. The golden beets were delicious. They don't really taste like beets, more like a cross between potatoes and turnips, and I like that combination.
John C. sent a message about our Zoom meeting tomorrow at 6:45. He asked for volunteers to speak, so I said I would. I'll do my talk on Emily Dickinson's  poetry--hope I don't bore everybody to death.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...