Saturday, March 10, 2018

T.O.P.S. And More

Walk, then T.O.P.S. to find, not only did I not lose, but according to the scale from Hell, I gained.
Now, my fellow TOPSYs and I decided the scale is malfunctioning. Seriously. The reason we think so is that everybody got weighed more than once, and nobody weighed the same with each. When I first got on, it said 129.8, which means I stayed about the same. However, I weighed three more times and got 130 point something, which means a gained about a pound. Well, the hell with it, I'm still over 50 pounds off and maybe it will straighten itself out next week.
Betty called while I was there, so I didn't answer, but called when I got home. That, on top of the usual long, dragged-out meeting, meant I didn't have breakfast until 10:30. After that, I scrubbed two pounds of carrots, cut two oranges into eighths, and put them in the slow cooker. Printed out my resignation letter for Suz, dropped it off at her office, stopped to get watermelon, blueberries, and salsa, then took off for town after 3:00.  Found a Kelly green top that I'll wear to Gillian's St. Pat's Day party on the seventeenth--should be great fun.
Read for a bit, then saw fog come rolling in--it looked eerie, but interesting, too, as it's unusual here. Drove home and saw neighbor Fred when I parked. He invited me to see a video somebody had done of him and his wife, talking about the fact that all their possessions were burned. He said he'd invite Sister Suzanne, too, naturally (his wife works at St. John's, also). Funny, I'm always taken aback when I hear her referred to as "Sister Suzanne," but of course, that what she is.  Stopped in on Suzanne and we talked about it, plus other things, including the article she gave me on the new Alzheimer's drug.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...