Thursday, March 22, 2018

Rain

Rain, rain, and more rain came down. I skipped Kimball walks and thought I'd have to do the same for the town walk, but see later.
I did go out, first to Wal-Mart for facial scrub, then to WinCo for spinach and so on.  While I was there, Ellen called to say school was closed and probably will be today, too.  A number of the students live in Wheeler Canyon, which had been partly burned by the fires and overall, 32,000 people have been advised to evacuate.  The worry isn't about the rain itself, but the possibility of more landslides, considering so much of the hills were burned.  Floods are also a worry; El said Greg works until 8:00, but if he can't get home, could he stay here overnight?  I said of course--no prob,but as it turned out, he didn't have to.
Cut up the green cabbage I had bought the other day and put it in the slow cooker with sliced onions and seasonings. Got some minor financial stuff done, plus computer items, including the following:
I'm engaged in trying to contact an old friend of mine. Lynn Greenfield and I met when our oldest boys were toddlers, roughly 55 years ago. We both lived in Ewing and because good friends. We were active in the Jaycees Auxiliary (I wonder if that still exists) and always went to each others' parties and celebrations. Lynn's husband, Dick, owned a new car dealership, Dick Greenfield Dodge, and if I remember correctly, my husband, Pat, bought a car from him. Besides their boy--his name was Frankie--they had a daughter a few years later. They moved to Titusville later and we kept in touch for a time, but then--well, didn't.
I'm pretty sure I've actually located Lynn. I think she lives in Ft. McCoy, Florida, and I found that her son, "Frankie"--Frank R. Greenfield II--lives in L.A. I found both their phone numbers, but can't find anything else on-line, either in social media or e-mail. I'm trying to decide if I should call or write her.
Drove to town later than usual (after 4:00) and walked the usual in light rain and an umbrella. Bought a book at one of the thrift stores.  I feel better that I didn't skip both walks.


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...