Wednesday, March 07, 2018

"The Greatest Showman"

Okay, I skipped walking Kimball because I got up so late. Skipped breakfast, too, and just had coffee., then a small salad about 11:00. Left for town at 11:30, which gave me time to walk to the library, stop in and read for a bit, then meet Nancy at the movie a half block away.  As we were buying our tickets, my park pal, Diane, came up; she was by herself. (I think only once I went to the movies by myself; don't know why I don't do it more often.)
We saw The Greatest Showman, and enjoyed it. True, it had certainly had only a tenuous link to Barnum's actual life, and there were an abundance of photo-shopping and cartoonish additions.  To me, that made it more enjoyable, because it didn't pretend to be strictly autobiographical, as so many of the current crop do.  Great dancing, in particular, and I loved the song, "Never Enough," because it suggest my own addition: I can never get enough of life and living.
After, we went to The Blue Agave (again) and got small taco plates, plus a Stella for me and a Margarita for Nance. Talked  and talked  and didn't leave until about 4:30. We made a date for our next Tuesday outing to go to Oxnard for a movie, and the Red Lobster for lunch. I hope I can find the gift card I was given a year ago.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...