Friday, March 02, 2018

Here And There

After Kimball and breakfast, I took a big load of wash to The Place and did the back-and-forth thing. Rushed out to WinCo for lettuce and stuff while it was drying.
Got an e-mail from Diane asking if Wednesday was okay to meet for lunch. I responded yes--she lives in town and we'll go to the Japanese restaurant there I've been wanting to try--and suggested 12:30. I had forgotten that BCNN meets that morning and frankly, I'm not interested in the speaker, the mayor of Oxnard, so can't decide whether to skip or do both. It's an easy walk from one to the other, so maybe...
Did the previous, as usual. Took out a book on Emily Dickinson, as I'm working up a talk on her for Toastmasters.
Got a message from Cory G., asking me which day I'd be available to meet to discuss new VCS bylaws. I'm not sure if Suz told her I had resigned as vice chair and e-mailed her back, asking if she wanted me to come, which I wouldn't mind.
I had bought a nice red cabbage the other day and cut it up for the slow cooker. Added lots of spices of various kinds. Doused it with red wine vinegar for dinner (shrimp and Brussel sprouts) and it was delish.
Came up with a little rhyme for Suzanne, using her name, and made up a birthday card for her. I'm taking her to The Cave today to celebrate it.
Still having some problem with this laptop. I'm not sure why, but for a time, it didn't want to scan or print. Now it'll print, but I'm not sure about print. Guess I'll have to contact Canon myself.


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...