Saturday, March 03, 2018

Rain, T.O.P.S. and Lunch With Suzanne

Good grief, when I got up yesterday morning, it was raining! I put on my boots and actually drove to the park at 7:00.  However, it was coming down pretty good and was windy, plus nobody else was on the walk.  I decided to drive over to the 99 Cent store, then come back, but the store didn't open until 8:00, so I went back to the car. Just as I opened the door, Betty called and asked me to do her a favor--no big deal, really, and I agreed. Decided the hell with the walk, so for only the second time in several months, I skipped it. Changed into my lighter togs and went to T.O.P.S.
Finally, at long last, I'm in the one-twenties! Okay, just barely, at 129.1, but that's okay. Incredibly, I was the biggest loser, although I lost only 1.8.  There were only five of us there and I said I had to leave early--just didn't feel like staying for the meandering meeting.
Changed again when I got home and did some food prep. Sliced tomatoes, chopped onions, seasoned them and roasted them in the oven. Should be good on salad or even as a side dish.  Changed my top and shoes (yes, I change a lot) and went next door to pick up Suzanne for lunch.
Took her to The Cave and we had a good time. I got my few ounces of Chardonnay, Suzanne declined wine, but greatly enjoyed the panini sandwich she ordered. We were interrupted by Betty calling again, asking my help in wording a letter to the guy she said was trying to cheat her. I had told her I was taking Suzanne to lunch, but I guess she forgot. Said I'd call her when I got home and I did. I gave Suzanne the "name card" I wrote (a little birthday rhyme using the letters of her first name), which she liked a lot.
It was funny at one point: Suzanne mentioned her sister, whom I knew had broken her collar bone some time ago. S. asked me to "keep her in your prayers." I said, "You think I pray?" One of the many things I like about Suzanne is that she doesn't act all holy or haughty--she actually laughed. I said I'd keep her sister in my thoughts, whatever that means.
Took her home, whipped out the letter for Betty, then set off for town and did my usual. Stopped at Vons on the way home for a roast chicken, watermelon, and ground turkey.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...