Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Cave With Diane

Ran into Irene at Kimball and she presented me with her card; she's a real estate agent with Re/Max and I'd certainly recommend her.
It occurred to me after breakfast that I had better work up my talk for Humor &  Drama Toastmasters tonight, and I decided to simply present my diet plan with a few flourishes.  Other than that, I tidied up a bit around here and prepared my salad for lunch.
I didn't want to skip my town walk, so went about 11:00, completed same, and drove home.  Ate, then jumped in the shower, washed my hair, dressed, and drove back to town to pick up Diane. I was early, she was early (it must be the age) and we got to The Cave with no problem.  It happened that there was some kind of camera shoot in the main room, so we were asked to sit in the barrel room. I had never been in there before and it was neat: Wine barrels were suspended from the high ceiling and there were related items here and there. Better yet, we sat down right next to the wine dispenser and it was happy hour, so half price.
I used my wine card to treat Diane, but she insisted on paying for our yummy potato chips (made in-house) and truffle French fries (ditto) that came to less than eight bucks and that was okay . We had a great time,  as she's a girl after my own heart--a little kooky and a free spirit, which suits me fine. We were there for two hours, talking and laughing, so didn't leave until 5:00 and I dropped her off back at her place in town. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...