Friday, March 23, 2018

Rain And Deltiology

And yet more rain! It continued through the night, presumably, because it was still going on when I got up at 5:15.  Didn't do Kimball, of course, and just pulled a few things together re the Dionne Quints. Actually, I'm scheduled for a talk on Monday at Poinsettia Toastmasters and I'm doing it on my deltiology activities of yore. Ha--Spellcheck, that ignoramus, thinks it's a misspelling of "ideology," but no, it means postcard collecting.
I sold my collection--which numbered roughly four thousand--to a guy in Manahawkin, who has a wonderful store called Unshredded Nostalgia. Sold him other memorabilia, too, but not, of course, my Dionne things. I just went through some of that collection and good grief, I have an unbelievable amount of it.
Went out just to get lettuce and grapes while it was still raining steadily.  Diane and I had planned to go to The Cave for wine--I was to pick her up at 3:00--but I called and reluctantly said we had better postpone. We decided to go on Wednesday next, as the Brits say. Called El, who's off again today. She said Greg made it home okay and is back at work today.  Happily, the flooding and mud slides seem to have held off, so far, at least.
I got very antsy late in the day, so took off for town. I decided not to do the walk, though--it was still  raining slightly and I had boots on. Just parked at the library and spent a half hour or so there.  Took out a small book on Ventura in postcards and will see if I can incorporate anything of it into my talk.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...