Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Cave And Gil

Good grief, when I walked Kimball at 7:00, there was snow on the mountains above Ventura. They were picturesque, all right, but hey, chilly. It warmed up later and I left a bit after breakfast to pick up various items at WinCo. Went from there to The Cave--early, but that was okay.
It was crowded, but what was open was the comfortable corner banquette (or whatever it's called--an L-shaped sofa-like arrangement, with cushions), and I was pleased to be seated there. Nancy came a few minutes later and we both ordered the cheese plate. You select three or four cheeses or, if you want, substitute cold meats, but I went for the cheese alone. It's served with a kind of salty jam, grapes, marmalade, thinly-sliced green apples, almonds, and toasted baguette. Along with a good Chardonnay, it was delicious; I thought I'd take some home, but ate it all. We had a nice, leisurely lunch and I got home at 2:30. Good thing, because Gil Y. called shortly after and was ready to come over for my laptop. I met him at the entrance and took him to my place.
He was here for only an hour, so it cost me only thirty bucks, but happy day, he did everything: got my printer connected, reinstall my Apache word, put my Dionne Quint pictures on a flash drive in a folder, and other stuff I can't even remember, but all's well. He turned out to be a nice guy, too; his regular job is in a hospice, I'm not sure in what capacity.
Anyway, he left about 4:00 and I immediately took off for town and the museum-to-library walk. Stopped into Goodwill and bought a four-opening frame for the school pics my granddaughters and great-grandsons sent.
John Callaghan of Poinsettia Toastmasters had planned a Zoom meeting for last evening at 6:30. (This is a sort of virtual meeting via our computers.)  I was all set for it, but unfortunately, John called to say that, for some reason, he didn't have an Internet connection and we'd have to postpone until tonight at 7:00. No problem for me and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...