Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Busy And Blog

What with all the things on my to-do list, it was a fairly busy day. After Kimball and breakfast, I checked my e-mail and found a note from Connie asking for feedback about the A. Comes A. event.  I'll respond, but since I had a number of friends and relatives come, I decided to ask them, too. Sent out an e-mail to them.
I was delighted to see that my friend, Marge, who's exactly a decade older than than I am, had commented on my Facebook page, so called her.  Her health is still precarious, but she sounded a bit better than she had when I called her last.  Her insomnia has eased up a bit, although she has a (new) aching back. Somebody was coming to the house with an X-ray machine. Anyway, we had a good talk.
Went to Wal-Mart and the 99-cent store for various items, including a pill splitter, as Doc says I'm now supposed to take only half of the Atorasatin(?). Why she couldn't have simply made the prescription for half the milligrams is beyond me, but it wasn't too difficult to halve them. Also bought the vitamin D 12 I've been supposed to be taking and forgot about.
Went from there to Cricket to see if they could get my e-mail to load. Amanda wasn't in and I was subjected to less than satisfactory service from the one guy there. No sense in going in to all that, but I left with angry words. I'll try to get back there today.
Had a better experience at Office Max. Brought the laptop in because I decided to have them put on the virus protection, plus transfer my other stuff from the desktop. I think the charge isn't much more, if at all, then somebody I found somewhere, and I just want to get it done. Incidentally, the guy I bought the laptop from on Friday was about the worse salesperson ever, alternating between indifference and brusqueness. When I brought the laptop in yesterday, I happened to see the manager and mentioned that. He said the guy doesn't work there anymore. Good. I got Anthony, who was very courteous and knowledgeable.  But here's the thing: I have to take my "tower" in to have them transfer everything and will do that this morning. It will be at least 24 hours before it's done, so I won't be on-line or on-blog for  a while.
Met the widder gang at Sizzler for dinner. It was fun, as ever--we have two new men, including Les, with whom I chatted (born in Hawaii of Japanese descent) and another I didn't meet. Nance and I firmed up plans for our "movie and The Cave Tuesday" date today. I also have the Zoom thing at 6:30 pm; still not sure what all that entails.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...