Monday, February 26, 2018

Okay Day

I'd say an okay day, pretty much.
Did Kimball, then the usual Sunday thing. (Am I in a rut? Yes, but I like it that way.) Spent a lot of time trying to get the printer on, but no luck. Called HP, which makes the laptop and was told to call Canon, which made the printer. Will do so today.
I did call Nancy to have her remind me of what bread she gets that's so good. She said it was Killer Dave's, full of seeds and fiber, and I made a note of it. After that, we talked about what we're reading. What a pleasure to talk to someone who doesn't think T.V. and CDs are the be-all and end-all of culture. It's one thing to enjoy those things--I do occasionally--but I know people who literally (sorry!) never read books.
Nance and I have similar tastes--she's into bios and history, but dips into fiction now and again--she electronically, I the old-fashioned way. I know I can get books on my kindle, but I prefer print. Plus, I'm at the library every single day and there's nothing easier than to take out what I want. I mentioned that I have a book of Emily Dickinson's poems and she expressed interest--is not into poetry at all, which I have been for years. I'll have to share some with her one of these days.  Anyway, it gave me a lift to talk with her and we're looking forward to our Tuesday excursion.
Went to Ralph's and found the bread, plus a few other items. Had lunch and drove to town...
...what was this? The museum parking lot was filled and so were all the other park places I know. I noticed people walking with lawn chairs to the small park next to the museum and figured there was something going on. Reversing my usual direction, I parked at the library and walked back to the park.
Why, it was a musical festival. There were some chairs set up with a sign that read "VIP Area";
figured I'd sit there until someone asked me to leave. Nobody did and I stayed for about an hour, listening to wonderful violin and keyboard players, plus a classical guitar player from Spain.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...