Monday, February 19, 2018

Maritime Museum Sunday

After Kimball and the usual Sunday rituals, I dressed in my fishmonger outfit and took off for the museum. As I drove into the harbor area, I noticed there were crowds of people and lots happening on a beautiful, sunny--but warm, not hot--day.
Checked my gear--large basket with four fish and underneath, my phone, car keys, and comb--and went to my station. Boy, was it jammed.  I had lots of family groups and just groups. Early on, I was delighted to greet Nancy and her son and daughter-in-law. They howled when I incorporated into my script, "we Dutch women love to knit; in fact, a dear friend of mine knitted me these socks." I then pulled up my skirt and showed them the purple socks Nancy had made me.
Lots of my other friends came, too: Sue, Mac, and a friend of theirs; the other Sue and Cece from Toastmasters; Jan from Dudley House; Tammy from Caregivers; Jana from T.O.P.S.; and Diane and husband from the park. Best of all, my dear niece, Carolyn, and nephew, Steve, along with their combined three children, strolled in--what fun! I had no idea they would come all the way from Santa Barbara, but they saw the info on Facebook and made the trip. Actually, they enjoyed it a lot, and Steve approached me about participating as a sea captain next time.
I took about ten minutes to go up to the makeshift break room for a small piece of pizza and a little  salad, but spent most of the four hours on my feet.  (A chair and water was provided for each impersonator, but there were so many visitors I rarely sat.) I was fine with that, but as on Saturday, I was pretty tired by the time I got home. Actually, I consider that a good thing; this was such an enjoyable experience 
But hoo boy, do I have a lot of errands to catch up with!
 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...